Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Meet Some New Members

Mini Bios of Recently Recognized Members:

Ashley Snyder
I grew up outside of Philadelphia and moved to Florida in 2004 to attend graduate school at FSU for Classical Archaeology and Museum Studies. After I graduated, I moved to West Palm Beach to work in the Curatorial Department at the Norton Museum of Art and became a stay-at-home mom after our daughter was born. I now teach Art Appreciation as an adjunct professor at Palm Beach State College and help out at our family business. My husband and I will have been married for seven years this December and we have two children, Teddy (6) and Maisie (3) and a long-haired Jack Russell Terrier, Neko (10). David is a life-long Palm Beach County resident and he has been running and really transforming his family business, Able Printing, since 2012 (@ableletterpress).  We just recently moved to North Palm Beach from Northwood in West Palm, where we lived for eight years. We are so grateful to have found this community, it has really been a blessing for our family and so welcoming to both me and the kids. Thank you so much for the warm welcome and I look forward to getting to know everyone more in the coming years.

Gail Burwell
Hello, my name is Gail Burwell and I am looking forward to a long, loving, and productive relationship with the 1stUUPB Congregation.
I was born and raised in Northern Wisconsin and I find the weather in the Florida to be far more friendly.  
I earned my bachelors degree and did some masters work in business administration and for many years I worked in various companies and corporations in administrative and human resources positions.
My husband, daughter and I now reside in Palm Beach Gardens.  I've lived in various states including Texas, Missouri and Connecticut and truly appreciate the diversity our country offers.
My hobbies include reading, bicycling and crafts.  I look forward to growing spiritually through the various programs, ministries, and teachings of the 1stUUPB Congregation.

Carol Baxter
was born and raised in New York City.  She lived in Staten Island, Long Island and Manhattan.  She moved to Connecticut in 1980 and raised two daughters there.  She is a clinical social worker and was told by colleagues, while working at Yale, "You are a Unitarian."  We explored that in 1984 at the Unitarian Church in Westport.  We joined that year and remain a member there to this day.   I so enjoyed all the roles I have had there and the many relationships that were made.
Fred Smith and I moved to West Palm Beach in October and I look forward to participating in the life of this community.  I have two daughters.  One lives in Palm Beach and the other in Chevy Chase, Washington, DC. with their husbands.  I also have a brother in Palm Beach. I enjoy most sports, draw and paint, love exploring biking and hiking.  I have been enjoying getting to know the members of this wonderful church family.




No comments:

Post a Comment