Prelude: Easy to be Hard (G. MacDermot, G. Ragni & J. Rado)
Lighting the Chalice Flame (in unison):
If ever there were a time for a candle in the darkness, this would be it. Using a spark of hope, kindle the flame of love within us all, ignite the light of peace in our world and fan the flame of justice for all.
*Hymn #188: Come, Come, Whoever You Are
Welcome and Announcements
Affirmation (in unison) Love is the spirit of this congregation and service is its law. This is our great covenant: to dwell together in peace, to seek the truth in love and to help one another.
Quiet Time/Meditation/ Prayer
Story for All Ages: Stone Soup by J.J. Muth
Sermon: Beyond Righteous Indignation -- Rev. Dr. Dan Lambert
Song: We Shall Overcome (Z. Hart, F Hamilton, G Carawan & Pete Seeger) (see insert)
Offertory: Imagine (John Lennon) (see insert)
Life of the Congregation
Extinguishing the Chalice Flame (in unison) We extinguish this flame, but not the light of truth, the warmth of community, or the fire of commitment. These we carry in our hearts until we are together again.
Postlude: For What It’s Worth (S. Stills)
Gratitude & Applause
* Please stand in body or spirit
Hearing devices, and envelopes for cash pledges are available on the hymnal cart or ask an usher.
Today: JAM Grant Collection, Stone Soup Lunch 11:30am in Ministers Hall.
Monday-Wednesday: Administration Office hours 9:30am-12:30pm
Tuesday: Men’s Wisdom Circle 7pm in the Channing Room
Thursday & Friday: Administration Office closed.
Thursday: Thanksgiving Dinner 4pm (reservation needed).
Sunday: News Talk at 9:15am in Ministers Hall
Thank you to all who contribute to our service and fellowship hour each week. This week:
· Music coordinator: Peilin Ko
· Ushers: Gail Burwell & Mary Mansfield
· Cover art: Larry Stauber
Fellowship hour hospitality: All the contributors.
And to our permanent staff:
· Barbara Hatzfeld, office administrator
· Willie Nelson, sexton.
· Next Sunday: “Finite or Infinite?” Karl Ostermann
· Rev. Dr. Dan Lambert Office Hours: Tuesday 5pm-8pm and Thursday 9am-Noon. His office telephone # is 561-627-6106. His e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Food Items collected during the offertory are donated to the Lake Park Food Pantry,
· Shoes and Toiletry Articles collected are donated to the Haitian Community.