*Hymn #361 Enter, Rejoice, and Come In
Lighting the Chalice Flame (in unison):
Blessed is the fire that burns deep in the soul. It is the flame of the human spirit touched into being by the mystery of life. It is the fire of reason; the fire of compassion; the fire of community; the fire of justice; the fire of faith. It is the fire of love burning deep in the human heart; the divine glow in every life.
*Hymn #94 What is This Life
Quiet Time/Meditation/ Prayer
Offertory: Danny Boy
Affirmation (in unison) Love is the spirit of this congregation and service is its law. This is our great covenant: to dwell together in peace, to seek the truth in love and to help one another.
Responsive Reading: # 468
Sermon: The One Most Important Thing I Have Learned
-- The Rev. Bob MacDonald
*Hymn #21 For the Beauty of the Earth
Extinguishing the Chalice Flame (in unison) We extinguish this flame, but not the light of truth, the warmth of community, or the fire of commitment. These we carry in our hearts until we are together again.
Postlude: Serenade by R. Drigo
Gratitude & Applause
* Please stand in body or spirit
Hearing devices, and envelopes for cash pledges are available on the hymnal cart or ask an usher.
· Next Sunday: “Sustainability & Stewardship: from surviving to thriving” Dr. Paul Ward
· Food Items collected during the offertory are donated to the Lake Park Food Pantry,
· Shoes and Toiletry Articles collected are donated to the Haitian Community.
Today: Social Hour 11:30am in Ministers Hall. Church Council meeting at Noon in the Sanctuary.
Monday: Happy Columbus Day! Office closed.
Tuesday-Friday: Administration Office hours 9:30am-12:30pm
Tuesday: Board of Trustees meeting at 6:30pm in the Channing Room.
Friday: Art Studio at 6pm in Ministers Hall.
Sunday: News Talk at 9:15am in Ministers Hall
Thank you to all who contribute to our service and fellowship hour each week. This week:
· Guest speaker: Rev. Bob MacDonald
· Service Leader: Larry Stauber
· Music coordinator: Peilin Ko
· Ushers: June Kleeman & Amy Stauber
· Cover art: Larry Stauber
· Fellowship hour hospitality: Diana Colardi
And to our permanent staff:
· Barbara Hatzfeld, office administrator
· Willie Nelson, sexton.