Prelude: One Star (S. Albrecht & J. Althouse)
Lighting the Chalice Flame: (in unison)
We light this chalice on Christmas Eve as we remember the one who has been called the Light of the World. May we learn from the teachings of Jesus not only in this season, but throughout the coming year.
*What Child is This? (see insert)
Offertory: In Dulci Jubilo (E. Crocker)
Reading: Luke 2
Message: The Hope of the Christ Child
*Silent Night (see insert)
*Joy to the World (see insert)
Extinguishing the Chalice Flame (in unison) We extinguish this flame, but not the light of truth, the warmth of community, or the fire of commitment. These we carry in our hearts until we are together again.
Postlude: O Holy Night
Gratitude & Applause
* Please stand in body or spirit
Hearing devices, and envelopes for cash pledges are available on the hymnal cart or ask an usher.
Thank you to all who contribute to our service each week. This week:
• Service Leaders: Rev. Dan & Tess Lambert
• Pianist: Peilin Ko
• Choral Director: Lynn Pernezny
• Cover art: Larry Stauber
• Due to the Holiday, our staff will be working adjusted office hours this week. Rev. Dan will be in the office Tuesday 2pm-8pm and Thursday 9am- Noon. His office telephone is 561-627-6106.
• Barbara will be off Monday and Tuesday. She will be back in the office Wednesday-Friday 9:30am-12:30pm.
• Next Sunday: “Chronos and Religion” Chris Juhl. No News Talk on Dec 31st.
• Food Items collected during the offertory are donated to the Lake Park Food Pantry,
• Shoes and Toiletry Articles collected are donated to the Haitian Community.