Ingathering: Why can’t a man stand alone by Elvis Costello-piano only
Prelude: Why can’t a man stand alone by Elvis Costello
*Hymn #188: Come, Come, Whoever You Are
Lighting the Chalice Flame (in unison):
Let the lighting of this flame rekindle in us the inner light of love, of peace, of joy, of hope. And as one flame lights another, we pledge ourselves to be bearers of the light wherever we are.
Offertory: Find a Stillness
Affirmation (in unison) Love is the spirit of this congregation and service is its law. This is our great covenant: to dwell together in peace, to seek the truth in love and to help one another.
Musical Interlude: Hold On by Kansas; lyrics edited by Karl Ostermann
Sermon: Finite or Infinite? Karl Ostermann
Extinguishing the Chalice Flame (in unison) We extinguish this flame, but not the light of truth, the warmth of community, or the fire of commitment. These we carry in our hearts until we are together again.
Postlude: What’s so Funny about Peace, Love and Understanding by Nick Lowe
Gratitude & Applause
* Please stand in body or spirit
Hearing devices, and envelopes for cash pledges are available on the hymnal cart or ask an usher.
Today: Social Hour 11:30am in Ministers Hall.
Monday-Friday: Administration Office hours 9:30am-12:30pm
Tuesday: Rev. Dan Lambert is away; Black Lives PBC (S) 7pm
Thursday: Holiday Decorating (S) at 7pm
Friday: Film & Potluck Dinner 6pm MH
Saturday: Board Retreat 9:00am (CH); Village Players “A Holiday Tale” (S) 8pm
Sunday: News Talk at 9:15am in Ministers Hall; Village Players “A Holiday Tale” (S) 2pm
· Next Sunday: “A Dialogue with Ralph Waldo Emerson”, the Rev Paul Johnson
· Rev. Dr. Dan Lambert Office Hours: Tuesday 5pm-8pm and Thursday 9am-Noon. His office telephone # is 561-627-6106. His e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Food Items collected during the offertory are donated to the Lake Park Food Pantry,
· Shoes and toiletry Articles collected are donated to the Haitian Community.
Thank you to all who contribute to our service and fellowship hour each week. This week:
· Music coordinator: Peilin Ko
· Ushers: Larry Stauber & Barbara Hatzfeld
· Cover art: Larry Stauber
Fellowship hour hospitality: Susan Westbrook & Diana Colardi
And to our permanent staff:
· Barbara Hatzfeld, office administrator
· Willie Nelson, sexton.