Friday, October 27, 2017
Due to Office Administrator Barbara Hatzfeld’s medical leave, Nov 7 through Nov 10, The Order of Service for Nov 12 will be created on Friday Nov 3rd.
Paul Ward and Janet Fryman are available for congregational needs during Barbara’s absence.
*Hymn #188: Come, Come, Whoever You Are
Prelude: Irlandaise by Claude Bolling
Welcome and Announcements
Lighting the Chalice Flame (in unison): Responsive Reading (see insert)
*Hymn #38: Morning Has Broken
Opening Words: The Ancient Celebration of Samhain by Amy Stauber
Quiet Time/Meditation/ Prayer
Story for All Ages: Day of the Dead by Julie Murray
*Hymn #413 Go Now in Peace
Offertory: Solitude by Samuel
Affirmation (in unison) Love is the spirit of this congregation and service is its law. This is our great covenant: to dwell together in peace, to seek the truth in love and to help one another.
Responsive Reading: (see insert)
Sermon: Alloween: The Spirit and the Mystery
*Hymn #123 Spirit of Life
Extinguishing the Chalice Flame (in unison) We extinguish this flame, but not the light of truth, the warmth of community, or the fire of commitment. These we carry in our hearts until we are together again.
Postlude: Knockin’ 0n Heaven’s Door by Bob Dylan
Gratitude & Applause
* Please stand in body or spirit
Hearing devices, and envelopes for cash pledges are available on the hymnal cart or ask an usher.
Thank you to all who contribute to our service and fellowship hour each week. This week:
· Service Leader: Amy Stauber with Sarah Wilson
· Story for All Ages: Amy Stauber
· Music coordinator: Peilin Ko
· Special RE Program: Suzanne & Kira Schluter and Karen Wolin
· Ushers: Nickie Albert & Suzanne Schluter
· Cover art: Larry Stauber
Fellowship hour hospitality: David Traupman
And to our permanent staff:
· Barbara Hatzfeld, office administrator
· Willie Nelson, sexton.
· Next Sunday: “What Does it Mean to be a “Liberal Religion”?” Dan Lambert
· Food Items collected during the offertory are donated to the Lake Park Food Pantry,Shoes and Toiletry Articles collected are donated to the Haitian C