At the sound of the chime, please join in singing
Hymn #188 Come, Come, Whoever You Are
Welcome & Announcements
Prelude: Guitar Solo
Lighting the Chalice Flame (in unison):
We light our flaming chalice to illuminate the world we seek. In the search for truth, may we be just; In the search for justice, may we be loving; And, in loving, may we find peace.
*Hymn: # 298 Wake, Now, My Senses
Candles of Joy and Sorrow and Meditation
Offertory: Tupelo Honey by Van Morrison
Affirmation (in unison) Love is the spirit of this congregation and service is its law. This is our great covenant: to dwell together in peace, to seek the truth in love and to help one another.
*Hymn: # 123 Spirit of Life
Sermon: Extinguishing the Chalice Flame
*Hymn: # 100 I’ve Got Peace Like a River
Extinguishing the Chalice Flame (in unison) We extinguish this flame, but not the light of truth, the warmth of community, or the fire of commitment. These we carry in our hearts until we are together again.
Postlude: See Me, Feel Me by The Who
Gratitude & Applause
* Please stand in body or spirit
Hearing devices, and envelopes for cash pledges are available on the hymnal cart or ask an usher.
· Next Sunday: “Goodbye” led by Rev. CJ McGregor.
· Rev. CJ McGregor Office Hours: by appointment (Please call 561-627-6106 ahead) Tuesday- Thursday 9:30am-2pm.
· Food Items collected during the offertory are donated to the Lake Park Food Pantry,
· Shoes and Toiletry Articles collected are donated to the Haitian Community.
Thank you to all who contribute to our service and fellowship hour each week. This week:
· Chalice Lighter: Wayne Johnson
· Ushers: Pat Knight & Terry Last
· Cover Art: Larry Stauber
Fellowship Hour Hospitality: Ramsay Laing & Gail Burwell