Call To Order
Hymn#188: Come, Come, Whoever You Are.
Prelude: The Way We Were by Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman and Marvin Hamlisch
Lighting the Chalice Flame (in unison): We light this chalice in AFFIRMATION of our commitment to Unitarian Universalism’s Seven Principles, our ASPIRATIONS for spiritual growth and social justice and our GRATITUDE for having been given a part to play in the story of universal EVOLUTION.
*Hymn #123 Spirit of Life
Affirmation (in unison) Love is the spirit of this congregation and service is its law. This is our great covenant: to dwell together in peace, to seek the truth in love and to help one another.
*Hymn: #108 My Life Flows On in Endless Song
Sermon: Gratitude - An Evolutionary Perspective
*Hymn #100 I’ve Got Peace Like a River
Extinguishing the Chalice Flame (in unison) We extinguish this flame, but not the light of truth, the warmth of community, or the fire of commitment. These we carry in our hearts until we are together again.
Postlude: Easy to be Hard by James Rado, Gerome Ragni and Gait MacDermot
Gratitude & Applause
*Please Rise in Body or Spirit
Hearing devices, and envelopes for cash pledges are available on the hymnal cart or ask an usher.
Today: Social Hour 11:30am Ministers Hall
Monday-Friday: Administration Office will be open 9:30am -12:30pm.
Wednesday: Art Studio 2:00pm Ministers Hall
Friday: Art Studio 6:00pm Ministers Hall
Sunday: News Talk 9:15am in Ministers Hall
Thank you to all who contribute to our service and fellowship hour each week. This week:
· Service Leader: Dick Hattwick
· Sermon Presenter: Bob Burns
· Ushers: Carol Baxter and Barbara Hatzfeld
· Cover art: Larry Stauber
Fellowship hour hospitality: Margaret Robson & Bob Crowe
And to our permanent staff:
· Barbara Hatzfeld, office administrator
· Willie Nelson, sexton.
· Peilin Ko, music coordinator
· Next Sunday: “Feminine Leadership-Mother Nature as Divine Guidance” Leah Rothschild
· Food Items collected during the offertory are donated to the Lake Park Food Pantry,
· Shoes and Toiletry Articles collected are donated to the Haitian Community.