Prelude: Hallelujah by Cohen
Lighting the Chalice Flame (in unison):
We give thanks for the light of hope- unrelenting and inexplicable. We give thanks for the light of peace- strong and unafraid. We give thanks for the light of joy- persistent and unpredictable. We give thanks for the light of love- hot and holy. We give thanks for the light of truth- elusive and worthy. We light this chalice as a symbol of our search for hope, peace, joy, love and truth
Song: Imagine by John Lennon (see insert)
Affirmation (in unison) Love is the spirit of this congregation and service is its law. This is our great covenant: to dwell together in peace, to seek the truth in love and to help one another.
Song: Flowers are Red by Harry Chapin
Sermon: Being an Evangelical in the UU World
Song: I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For by U2
Extinguishing the Chalice Flame (in unison) We extinguish this flame, but not the light of truth, the warmth of community, or the fire of commitment. These we carry in our hearts until we are together again.
Postlude: Losing My Religion by R.E.M.
Gratitude & Applause
Hearing devices, and envelopes for cash pledges are available on the hymnal cart or ask an usher.
Today: Social Hour 11:30am, MH. Council meeting, Noon in Channing Room.
Tuesday: Administration Office closed.
Mobilize in WPB 10am.
Board of Trustees meeting 6:30pm in Channing Room.
Wednesday: Administration Office closed.
Friday: Art Studio 6pm, MH.
Saturday: Secular Humanists 9:30am, MH.
Film and discussion 12:30pm, MH.
Sunday: News Talk 9:15am, MH
Thank you to all who contribute to our service and fellowship hour each week. This week:
· Guest speaker: Dan Lambert
· Music coordinator: Peilin Ko
· Chalice lighter: Tess Lambert
· Ushers: Gloria Golden & Jim Meyer
· Cover art: Larry Stauber
· Fellowship hour hospitality: Anand Perala and Harry & Karen Wolin
...and to our permanent staff:
· Barbara Hatzfeld, office administrator
· Willie Nelson, sexton.
· Next Sunday: “The Dichotomous Journey” by Tess Lambert. Jam Grant Collection
· Food Items collected during the offertory are donated to the Lake Park Food Pantry,
· Shoes and Toiletry Articles collected are donated to the Haitian Community.